i love this seaweed

oh man. where should i start... almost forgot all the things in lumut by now. oh yeah the result was out and officially, i was no.2 last in my category. hahaha adoi kelakar. well, it was my first time doing duathlon, and i won't start being too hard on myself. It was a good experience nonetheless. A start to many more duathlon events, i suppose.



On the day itself, that morning, i don't feel nervous. I was not even afraid of the race ahead of me. Funny, me not nervous at all... of all the things that i've done in my life, i think this is the most not nervous moment for me. I just don't know why... i keep on asking myself, tepuk dada, tanya selera.. wey mary tak takut ka? nothing... that was a good sign... I was ready to go...

met a lot of friends on that day, old and new. i already planned to ketawa giller2 before the race. remembered that laughing can release some endorphins too, the so called 'natural pain killer'. apa punyer theory.. i've been reading to much , i guess. I drank 2 bottle of gatorade before the race. Oh, did i mentioned that the race started at 1.20pm? yeah hot, damn damn hot mid day. Yeah u read it right. That was a first. My first time running noon time in sizzling hot sun. My first time running the rain. My first time cycling 30K. Oh and of course my first duathlon. and the first time i wash my running shoe in over 7 mths. hahahaha...

compared to running race, not so many people participates in this kinda race. Maybe the fact that it started at noon... so the gun went off, erm , is it the gun? i don't remember any of that because the first thing that came out of my mouth was "Oh shit!" Now is not the time to get nervous, Mary!!! sebab starting je people around me dah pecut... i pulak maintain my slow pace, don't want to overdo it in the beginning. 4K should be nuts but in scorching, hot sun, it felt like a 10K...



after the run, the bike pulak. It's not a first time for me on the bike. I used to ride em when i was in college... but the last time it was back in 1999, that was like almost 6 years ago? i did train for an hour 2 days before... kira my first time on a road bike. I'm used to MTB... and the road bike was not that difficult to manage. Thank GOd. Nih lah Mary, always do thing last minute.. duathlon pun last minute. haha...

cycling punyer cycling.. smiling all the way. seriously, i may look like that scene in the beginning in the "Something About Mary"... hahahaha... people around me cycling their heart out and me, i was enjoying the scenery, the asses that passed me.. oops did i said that out loud? haha.. jes kidding. oh man, now i remember why i love cycling so much. I almost forgot about it. 30K of cycling and that's like from my kampung to Kuching... golly, i'm doing 30K, first time in a race. Memang kerja gila... kan i dah cakap i main belasah je... haha. bosan jugak cycling 30K. in the middle of it, it rained.. man, that's just what i needed.. it was not easy cycling in the strong wind and rain. what's hard about it was the sun lotion that i put at my eyes.. bad idea.. cycling with lotion dripping with the rain, that's almost like fear factor, me trying to focus cycling at the road side, and not swaying to the middle... and cycling and drinking from the bottle is not easy either.. hahaha.. that's all pretty tough for a first timer... all that and i don't mind. Indeed, it was good experience.. next time can do better. ok dah sampai nak parking bike, when i turun bike je my leg bailed out on me..so very jelly like. i refused the med team's help. i donno why but at that moment i just felt like "i dont want to manja2 my body. get up, damn it" and slowly i park my bike and continue with the last run.



finished a 4K run - 30K bike - 4K run, and what i got was a certificate, a small powerbar towel and a small mineral water. And i say that was damn worth it. hahaha... i definitely do it again next year... i have so many to thanks... Mejar Kalam and his wife, Nurina, for the ride and the bike, i really appreciate it. Really i tq from the bottom of my heart, for the priceless opportunity. Tq azman for the bike support... Tq aini for the phiten, u're so kind. Tq evryone, for the support. I love you all.. i'll never could have done this without u all... last but not least let's hope for world peace... hahaha.. (wave ala2 miss world).. muahahhahha...

i love this seaweed i love this seaweed Reviewed by princessren on November 24, 2006 Rating: 5

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaa!!! Good job Mary! Doesn't matter what position you finished at important thing is that you did. Give yourself a good pat on the back. =D

Anonymous said...

thats right ... no matter what position but not last luckily... its good experience for me also... train diligently and you will sure make ur way to the top...

Whatever said...

Whoaaaaaaaaa! Striptease kah???

Anyway congrats!

bola2api said...

congrats!

terrer laa u.. next time i'll join u lah

zebrallini said...

good job ... DUATHLETE!!

landen said...

cayala mary

fook said...

aoi...sexy nya kaki,
congrate on finishing the duathlon!
u memang tak takut,
half marathon u hentam,
duathlon u pun hentam!
hahaha....

che'fara said...

way to go gefren!!!

congrats beskut mary!!

kiss kiss.

*kiss kiss ala ala miss malaysia*

Anonymous said...

perghhh.. mary tanggal seluar hahaha.. caya la.. congrats!!

p/s : jgn tanggal seluar depan monyet2.. nanti kena serang :p

Anonymous said...

Congrats for finishing the race! and for having the courage to participate! You are truly an inspiration to all of us (the ones who only eat and sleep and not exercise!)

I've been reading your blog for quite some time now and I have to say, I'm having the urge to run and do that thing you do. Would really appreciate it if you could list down the upcoming events (don't think I can do the triathlon yet) and the whereabouts, details etc.

Next thing to do, is to find enough courage to take part, and of course, train!

Keep it up gal! :)

Anonymous said...

wwahaahahah congrats babe!

Anonymous said...

one thing u need to improve..learn to wear those tight and skimpy outfit...you will win definitely..MUAHAHAHA

princessren said...

lawrence : tq lawrence.. ppl like u and all of our friends inspire me to do my bestt :)

el : luckily, not last. yeah u're so right.. hahahah.. barely that is..

faie : hahaha sajer je menggatal.. maybe i should put a captin there, to show how hot the day was..

bola2api : of course u HV to join me next yr.. u tak nak pun i paksa oso.. hehe

zebralini : thx :)

landen : tq lan... i'm always full of surprises don't i?

fook : haha.. dont want lah to hantam forever. have to train harder as well... also dont want to be the last 5 placing forever too... :)

che'farae : hehe budak comel.. meh jom train ngan kita org evry saturday :)

bacin : ko congrats sebab i bukak seluar or i finish the race nih? hehe...

ally : an inspiration? haha.. if i am, then good lah. i used to be the ones who only eat and sleep and not exercise! because i tot i'm thin, why i shud be hard on myself. but then thin ppl also can get heart attack and all diseases.. these things makes me just feel like running... it has been almost 9 mths now and i'm still at it, thk God... and now, i'm upgrading myself to swim, bike run pulak.... the most important thing is u hv to start.. no start, u never know rite? if u do run, join the races. that will motivate u and if u're in 1, buzz me and say hi okie ;D

okie i will list it down next month i guess because there is no complete event list for 2007 yet. You can check it out at www.pacesetters.com.my or at www.swimbikerunmalaysia.com.

jaja : haha thx babe.. nxt yr u join me k ;D

z : hahaha pandai ko yek.. the sexier the clothes the more expensive they are... :P

aharis said...

Ooo.. u laaa.. princessren. Sorry didn't recognize u - lambat "pickup" heheee..

Congrats.. finished yr first duathlon.

Ada rezeki.. kita jumpa nanti.
Nice blog.. byk cerita politik hehee

princessren said...

aharis : hahaah ye saya. Tq tq. will do better next year. Yeah hope to see u in races next year... :) been reading ur blog too... lots of good tips.

Powered by Blogger.