Oxygen is overrated


I have another goal to achieve next month, that is to be a triathlete. I have no problem with cycling and running but hell, swimming might be tough on me. The event will be 1K swimming, 30K cycling and 7K running. My mind say maybe, but my heart say YES. Just do it. Oh man. Here we go again. Just to proof to myself whether i can do it or not. I didn't hit the pool for 3 months now, and when i decided to train last week on Thursday the pool will be close until 1 Dec for the Fespic Game. Sigh... now what.

Swimming has been in my mind for weeks now, since they annouce that first Night Triathlon in the world. No time limit, and a finisher medal for all. Just a fun race. That's priceless. So swim i will. Now i have exactly 3 weeks to learn how to swim properly. I know a bit of breaststroke, which i did wrongly for the past 5 years. Yeah u read it right. I swam wrongly for damn 5 years and no one corrected me. Haha... Patut lah rasa berenang setempat. I have improved on that few months back. Now in 3 weeks time, i nak attempt self-learning free style pulak. I know i can do it... let me go into the pool first ye. Baru i tau camner...

Anyway, i told my mum about it just now. She said banyak nyer activities u nak masuk nih. U tau ke berenang??? U tak reti berenangkan? Long distance pulak tuh and u don't swim right. Sigh. I knew it. I should not've told her. Ok lah she knows me too well, that is. How many times i have drown when i was a kid? Back then we depend on the river for water resources, so swimming was essential. Budak lain, all in the water, me sitting at the side. All red face, sebab drowning again. Drown banyak kali pun, still i go into that water. How many times my father taught me pun, i still could not get it. Sampai i sekolah menengah pun drowning lagi. hahahhaha... but still i go into that water. And when i was in college, i took a swimming lesson. I attended just 1 time, and learned it from my friends. No one really look at my stroke back then until this year, a lifeguard was watching me swimming and told me that i swim all wrong. Erk...

Maybe it's time i should take a proper class. After that triathlon next month, i will. But in the mean time, let me figure out how i can swim 1K for this event next month. Oh what am i getting myself into again... now, i just feel like swimming.

Was running with a group of friends yesterday, 10K distance. Going to do that every week. At least when with running partners, the urge to walk tuh takdek. And kene sound lagi dengan coach bacin sebab i selalu ponteng training. haha.. ye coach, saya janji saya akan training bersungguh-sungguh. I promise. My running friends are caring lots...

oh and we won again last night at anfield. I'm not surprise. Going to watch the midnite game today. MU vs Chelsea. Argghhh i hate to say this, either way, kene support 1 team. I want Chelsea to lose real bad, so guys, i akan support MU tonight. Gonna wear my pink tshirt to show that i'm not a die hard MU fan tapi tonight i will support u. Adios. Hv a nice Sunday.


Oxygen is overrated Oxygen is overrated Reviewed by princessren on November 26, 2006 Rating: 5

3 comments:

Norliana Abdul Rahman said...

weih mary.. good luck for your swimming ok? aku pon tak reti swimming jugak..hehhe..planning to take swimming classes for myself and balqis...shud be fun!

fook said...

mary cepat nya nak jadi tri!
tempted aku!

princessren said...

konot : tq konot. weh jom kita belajar swimming. hehe.. next yr u can do tri with me oredi.. jom :D

fook : hehe jom jom...

Powered by Blogger.