A merry merry christmas...
christmas, traditionally, how it is celebrated around the world is family gathering and exchange of gifts. Here in Malaysia, we still maintain that open house tradition. Hence, my house open from morning till midnight... sesapa nak datang, datang lah... i don't mind :) the gifts however only started at my house 5 years ago. Tell you the truth it has never been done before that. So for most of my life, christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, togetherness, laughter, pergi church ramai2, the whole kampung during christmas eve, visting friends and relatives, looking at millions of stars in the sky, but not exchange gifts. So even sekarang pun, i didn't expect any gifts from anyone, just a Christmas wishes and a hug perhaps, is ok with me :) Although i know my cousins went through all the trouble of saving their money to buy me gifts... really appreciate that.
Anyway, like every year, this is my Christmas wishes :
- that people adopt pets from SPCA instead of buying them from the pet shop.
- that SPCA get 100,000 signatures by end of this month. If you haven't sign the petition yet, please do so here.
- no more dogs and cats killed in China for fur. That is so sick... Stop buying anything with fur. When the buying stop, the killing can too.
- safe journey home for all yang balik kampung.
- that the situation in Johor and all the places affected by banjir will resume their normal life as soon as possible.
- that the leaders around the world could sit down and discuss the situations in the war torn country, that there will be peace as soon as possible.
- zero famine (no more hunger) and more justice around the world. Click here.
and my only wish for me, which i think impossible is for my papa and grandma to be with us on christmas day. I miss both of you so so so much... so so so so much. I guess for me right now, is to be home for christmas and look forward to the new year. As they say, a new year, a new beginning. So see you all in a week time, and have a joyous new year.
oh forgot to mention that i ate so much during christmas party at my aunt's place 2 days ago. 1 plate of nasi tomato and ayam masak merah, 2 slices of pizza, spaghetti bolognese, and 1 more round of nasi tomato, ayam masak merah, meehun goreng and the spaghetti. I think i'm the only runner who care less about the food, and believe it or not, i haven't weigh myself this year. No wonder i'm so slow... hmm next year i have to figure out how to run fast and eat more...