Liverpool, we will always be there for you...



Liverpool is about passion, the never say die attitude, the players who goes down the history which have given Liverpool the name it has today, a club who may not compete with the other clubs financially but can produce players who have the heart for the club, not because of the pay check. It's Liverpool. What more need to be said. No other team like them and they have the greatest and most faithful fans in the world. (ehem ehem.. i'm thinking really hard whether to get a tattoo on my arm... my mum will be furious) Tak habis2. hehe.. i don't care. it's the start of the season and my spirit is sky high :D



Quotes during the CL Final in Istanbul, 2005... and this is why i'm a fan for the rest of my life...


source: liverpoolfc

  • Jamie Carragher (LFC player 1996 – present): "It was one of the greatest finals of all-time. People will be talking about it in 20 or 30 years time. I don't think it can ever be bettered. Obviously this club can win the European Cup again but I think it's the way we won it that made it so special."

    Jamie Carragher: "At the end I just took off towards our fans. I couldn't believe it. There were probably 40,000 Liverpool supporters in the stadium and yet the exact place I ran to was where all my family and friends were celebrating. It was unbelievable because I honestly hadn't a clue where they were in the stadium. I went so mad that I must have had a bit of a blackout. I just crashed to the floor somewhere and I can't remember a single thing that was going on around me for a few moments. What I do remember as I was lying on the floor was starting to cramp up again!"


    Diego Maradona (Argentinean football legend): "Even the Brazil team that won the 1970 World Cup could not have staged a comeback with Milan leading 3-0."

    Diego Maradona: "The English club proved that miracles really do exist. I've now made Liverpool my English team. They showed that football is the most beautiful sport of all. You knew they could defend but the team showed they could play too and wrote a page in the history books. The match will last forever. The Liverpool supporters didn't let me go to sleep the night before. There were 10 of them to every three Milan supporters. They showed their unconditional support at half-time when they were losing 3-0 and still they didn't stop singing."


    Djimi Traore (LFC player 1999 – present): "When we were back in the dressing room the Milan players were outside already celebrating that they were champions, celebrating the victory. That really got to us and gave us the hunger to come back at them."



    Luis Garcia (LFC player 2004 – present): "We were sitting in the dressing room and we could clearly hear thousands of fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Can you imagine how that felt? We were 3-0 down in the Champions League final and all we could hear were 45,000 people letting us know they still believed in us. We knew they had endured a long journey and made so many sacrifices to be there. It was at that point we started to believe too."

  • Johan Cruyff (Dutch football legend): "There's not one club in Europe with an anthem like You'll Never Walk Alone. There's not one club in the world so united with the fans. I sat there watching the Liverpool fans and they sent shivers down my spine. A mass of 40,000 people became one force behind their team. That's something not many teams have. For that I admire Liverpool more than anything."

  • Jerzy Dudek (LFC goalkeeper 2001 – present): "My brother phoned me the morning after the game and asked me had I seen the match again? I said no and he said 'you need to see it because your save from Shevchenko was the hand of the God'. I told him I didn't know how I did it."


  • Steven Gerrard: "I didn't sleep with the cup but I had it in my room! It was just special and I just had to have the cup with me, lifting the cup as Liverpool captain was just the best moment of my life."



  • Rafael Benitez: "I was last in the dressing room. I didn't hear Milan celebrate but Alex Miller did. He told the players they were celebrating winning the cup. That was a good thing for us."

    "This was without doubt my biggest night in football. I was so proud of my players."

Liverpool, we will always be there for you... Liverpool, we will always be there for you... Reviewed by princessren on August 16, 2006 Rating: 5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

liverpool rawk that nite.. but arsenal always rawk bigtimeee.... go gunners.. nice blog anyway..

Anonymous said...

toped is absolutely right

Powered by Blogger.