Mind can work wonders
at 4.30, i dah prepare for the race. Arrived there at around 6.30. Jumpa azwar and ingat nak settle dulu kat toilet. Gosh what a long long queue and the race almost started. i skipped it... so u can just imagine me running the race with me tahan kencing and not enough sleep.
actually, i was kinda alone at the race. azwar was in front somewhere and me kat belakang as usual. i didn't hear the gun went off, but i started with walking as people were moving forward. Aik dah start ker? Alamak i tak warm up lagi... arrrggghhhh.. nak kencing... mary stop thinking. Gelabah siot. hehe... but i followed everybody's slow pace and i think i didn't stop running/jogging up to the 4th km. That was quite an achievement for me. normally i would walk/run/walk but i just kept on running this time because nobody stop to walk. Malu lah kalau stop to walk. Yeah i know.. listen to your body... but what the heck, this time i chose to listen to my mind. Actually, it's the mind that get me to the finishing line, nothing else :
- Mary, u better finish the race or u just quit running. Quitting is not an option.
- In 2 hours time, the door to heaven will close forever. u hear me, FOREVER. If u don't reach there in time, u'll condemn to hell forever. So u better hurry. (and at this time, i was like huh??? MIND, u kidding me?)
- At around 58 mins -> Sigh, Azwar dah sampai dah kot... maybe he's busy taking pictures with his fans... hehe.
- Me: cramp, cramp.. arggghhhhh.
MIND : stupid. ignore it.. run with your heels.
- It’s times like these you learn to live again... It’s times like these you give and give again... It’s times like these you learn to love again... It’s times like these time and time again (Times Like These ... Foo Fighters)
- World Cup is in 2 weeks time and i haven't choose which team to support yet... Mary, concentrate running laaaa...
- banyak nyer monyet kat sini...
- gosh, i thnk 3 old men passed me already.. respect respect...
- 2 more km Mary... 2 more...
and crossing that finishing line was heaven indeed. i didn't stop smiling for half an hour after that. It was a good race. Better than my previous races. If i can do 15K, why not add another 6K for the half marathon? arrgghhhh.. my MIND already try to persuade me to do crazy thing. hmm, maybe i will register for the half marathon next month.
pictures with some superstar triatheles (click for bigger pic)
princess kissing and blessing the bib number the day before for luck... hehe thank you darling
watching a hindi movie with princess last Saturday. She watched it for half an hour and fell asleep on my hand
i love the Malay Mail new look
Ah Boy going to move to another place in 1 mth time. Not going to see her for a long time after this. Going to miss her so much.. good bye darling. it has been a pleasure to have u as my eating companion.